Whether it's your first place or your next home, We'll advise you through the process. Contact me
I'll Champion for You Through Closing
Let's talk about "escrow". To finalize the sale of a place, a neutral, third party (the escrow holder) is brought into the picture to assure the transaction will close correctly and on time. When funds are held by a third party in a transaction between a buyer and a seller, it's in escrow. PayPal is a good way to picture an escrow company.
The escrow agent makes sure that the terms and conditions of the agreement between the seller and buyer are met in preparation of the sale being completed.
The certificates the escrow agent may obtain include:
- Terms of sale and any seller-assisted financing
- Requests for payment for various services to be paid out of escrow funds
- Loan documents
- Tax statements
- Fire and other insurance policies
- Title insurance policies
You're ready to close when all steps are done in escrow process. All debts and fees are collected and paid at this time (covering expenses such as title insurance, inspections, real estate commissions). You'll then get the title to the home and the title insurance gets dispersed as noted in the escrow instructions.
When closing is in it's last step, you'll make a payment to the escrow agent. As your real estate agents, we'll let you know what is an acceptable way of paying.
The Escrow Holder Will:
The Escrow Holder Won't:
- Assemble escrow guidelines
- Request title inquiry
- Comply with the bank's standards as noted in the escrow agreement
- Intake funds from the buyer
- Prorate interest, insurance, tax and other payments according to instructions
- Record deeds and other documents as instructed
- Obtain title insurance policy
- Close escrow when all terms of agreement of seller and buyer are complete
- Disburse monies and finish instructions
- Offer advice - the escrow agent must stay at a fair, third-party status
- Dispense opinions about the outcome of your taxes
Mortgage Escrow Account
Often, to pay recurring costs while there's a loan on the house, a Mortgage Escrow Account is created. Generally, the Escrow Account is partially funded at closing and the home buyer makes on-going contributions through their monthly mortgage payment.
Now you know more about being in escrow. And, you can be a more confident home buyer and future homeowner.